Currently enrolling for Fall 23-24!
Parents are responsible for completing and signing a Policy Agreement annually. This is done at the time of registration.
The safety and wellness of our Steps Fam is our top priority. Please do not send dancers to class or studio events if they are not feeling well. Parents should contact the office to schedule a make-up.
At the time of registration, you acknowledge that you have read and understand Steps policies, agreements and general studio information provided in this handbook. This Handbook supersedes all previously issued handbooks. This handbook may be modified by Steps N Motion at any time without advance notice to parents and/or students. In addition, throughout the year, new or revised policies and/or agreements may be issued and supersede the contents contained herein. If policies are changed or added you will be prompted through your customer portal for signature of agreement.
An annual non-refundable registration fee of $65 per student or $95 per family is due at the time of registration. A student is not considered registered or able to attend class until this fee has been paid. Online registration requires full registration information and your acceptance by electronic signature of studio policies and hold harmless agreement.
- All tuition will be charged to the credit card number in your customer portal on the 3rd of each month. If you are registered before our season begins (August 18th) you are responsible for prorated August tuition whether you attend class or not. August tuition will be charged on August 28th.
- I understand that payment of all fees is my responsibility and that a $10.00 tuition late fee may be applied to my account if the card on file is declined and cannot be processed for any reason. I further understand that it is my responsibility to maintain a valid credit card number and expiration date in the Steps Customer Portal, and that any changes or updates must be made by me through the Portal. No changes or updates will be accepted by phone or at the studio.
- There is no additional charge when there are 5 lessons in a month, and no discount when there are three. Tuition is an annual charge divided by 9 months, not by the lesson or number of lessons in a month. We do not have make-up classes for studio closings.
- You may not deduct for classes missed due to illness, vacation, etc. Exceptions will be made on an individual basis if a student has a medical condition that restricts physical activity. A doctor’s note must be submitted before a credit can be issued. Credits can be used for future classes at Steps ‘N Motion.
Costume fees differ by class and number of dances. It is necessary to order costumes in December to ensure that we have them in time for our Recital. Costume fees are non-refundable. If your costume fees are not paid, your costume will not be ordered.
The Recital fee is $105.00 per student ($180.00 per family). This fee covers auditorium rental, insurance, tickets, and union labor associated with the auditorium; as well as scenery and any props we may use for the Recital, and your dancer’s Recital T-Shirt, and a digital copy of the recital. The Recital fee deposit is due November 3rd, and your balance is due by March 3rd. There is no limit to the number of guests a student may invite. Guests do not need a ticket for admission.
I understand that my dancer(s) name(s) are pulled directly from my account for all recital material including printed programs, trophies/awards, etc. By agreeing to this policy I have reviewed the spelling of my dancer(s) first and last name(s) and attest to its accuracy.
- Tuition refunds are offered in full if a recreational class or camp does not meet its minimum enrollment. Refunds are not available should your plans change after you have registered and paid the tuition fee.
- Students who drop after classes begin must have a parent provide written notice two weeks prior to dropping class. Tuition charges are based on the date of written notice, not the last class attended. Unused fees will be credited to your account for future use at Steps N Motion.
- Costume Fees and Recital Fees are non-refundable
- Credits are non-transferable.
- Students who drop after classes begin must submit a drop form to the office. You can find the drop form online under “Quick Links”. The drop form cannot be completed over the phone. We do require a two-week notice to drop a class. Tuition charges are based on the date of written notice, not the last class attended. Tuition fees must be current in order for a student to drop class. Dancers who enroll and then decide to drop their class will not receive a refund for paid tuition, you may have unused tuition credited to your account for future classes or camps at Steps. Credits are non-transferable.
- If a student misses 3 weeks of classes, and a parent has not communicated with the studio office or your instructor(s) your dancer will be dropped from the studio roster. Please, also be aware that you will incur a new registration fee if you wish to re-enroll your child in class.
Make-up Classes/Missed Classes
Missed classes may be made up in a similar class within four weeks. Parents must contact the office to arrange a make-up class. Make-up classes are discontinued after instructors begin recital choreography. There is no tuition deduction for classes missed for any reason.
Returned (NSF) Checks
A $35 service charge will be applied to your account when a check is returned for any reason.
Steps N Motion is a peanut/tree nut free facility; however, we cannot guarantee that the studio will be free of food allergens including but not limited to peanut/tree nuts.
I hereby grant permission for videos and photographs to be taken during class time, at the studio, events, and other performances. I understand that this media will be produced and used for advertising purposes and all social media outlets. I authorize Steps N Motion Dance Studio Inc. to use my photograph or video on their website, printed material, and/or all social media without further consideration. I also acknowledge that Steps N Motion may not choose to use my photo/video at this time but may do so at its own discretion or at a later date. I also understand that there is no compensation for this media. If you do not agree to the image release, you must notate on your registration under the student
additional information box.
I have full knowledge that by nature class participation can frequently include exercise and body contact along with associated dangers. In recognition of the possible dangers connected with any physical activity, students hereby knowingly and voluntarily waive any right of cause of action of any kind whatsoever arising as a result of such activity from which any liability may or could occur to Steps ‘N Motion Inc., Sabrina LeClair, its officers, agents, or employees or instructors. I agree to waive claims against any person or organization connected with Steps ‘N Motion Inc. for any injuries I may sustain and likewise assume full responsibility for all my actions in connection with said classes. I understand that Steps ‘N Motion, Inc. and its agents urges all students to obtain a physical examination from their physician prior to attending any class.
I authorize Steps ‘N Motion Dance Studio to use the credit card number and expiration date I’ve provided online via the Steps Customer Portal. I understand that this card will be used by Steps ‘N Motion Dance Studio to make payment on all of my dance fees on their respective due dates. I further understand that it is my responsibility to maintain a valid credit card number and expiration date in the Steps Customer Portal, and that any changes or updates must be made by me through the Portal. No changes or updates will be accepted by phone or at the studio.
I understand that submission of this online registration includes my electronic signature and that my electronic signature requires my understanding and acceptance of ALL Steps ‘N Motion Dance Studio Studio Policies and conditions, including those provided on our website. Parents of competitive students acknowledge that there may be additional policies that they will need to sign separately at a later date.